Bioscience in Colorado
1. Roughly 725 bioscience companies are located in Colorado including agricultural, biotechnology, diagnostic, digital health, medical device, and pharmaceutical companies.
2. Currently, Colorado directly employs 30,000 people in the bioscience industry, creating over 159,000 direct and indirect jobs.
4. Colorado’s bioscience industry supports $2.8 billion in annual payroll.
6. Colorado’s medical device sector is ranked as the sixth largest in the nation.
8. Bioscience products are Colorado’s leading export, accounting for 17% of all exports in 2013 totaling $2.2 billion.
10. For bioscience, the state’s Advanced Industry Grant Program has awarded 333 grants totaling more than $37 million, creating 49 new companies,
445 direct jobs, and $465.4 million in follow-on grants and investments.